The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) will take on the Philadelphia Eagles (5-0) on Sunday Night Football.
The Cowboys once again, will be without QB Dak Prescott. However, Cooper Rush has done his job well, doing just enough to lead Dallas to four straight wins since their Week 1 loss.
The Cowboys are coming off of an impressive 22-10 win against the defending Super Bowl champs, the Rams. The Eagles beat the Cardinals 20-17, in a nail biter.
Both of these teams have been great in their own way. The Cowboys defense is playing stellar, as they are yet to allow 20 points or more in a game this year. Micah Parsons, even with an injured groin, is unstoppable, as is the rest of their defensive line. Trevon Diggs once again is having another great season. The Eagles, on both sides of the ball have been dominant. Jalen Hurts is looking like “the guy”, the run game is great, as well as the pass catchers. Just like Dallas, the Eagles defense is impressing. Darius Slay and James Bradberry have been a very good duo, they’ve found some consistency at LB, and the DL has tons of depth and talent.
KEYS TO VICTORY:
1. Give Pollard more touches. Last week, Ezekiel Elliott had 22 carries for 78 yards. Tony Pollard had 8 carries for 86 yards and a touchdown. I think it’s clear that Pollard is the better RB.
2. Make life easy for Cooper Rush. During this win streak, the Cowboys have won because of their defense, along with keeping it simple on offense. Stick to being run balanced and controlling the clock.
3. Continue to make plays on defense. This team NEEDS their defensive stars to show up. Parsons, Lawrence, Diggs, etc.
1. Use the Cowboys aggressiveness on defense against them. The Cowboys are a very aggressive defense, and playing this way has obviously worked for them. However, there’s counters to these types of defenses. Quick passes such as screens, slants, flats and more. Keep the Cowboys on their toes.
2. Get Pressure on Rush. Cooper Rush has panicked under pressure this year, and tends to throw dangerous passes. This is something the Eagles excel at. Take advantage.
3. Lock down the Cowboys WRs. Darius Slay and James Bradberry have done a great job this season, and they need to continue to do so.
FINAL SCORE PREDICTION: