The Baltimore Ravens (4-3) will head to Tampa Bay, Florida to take on the Buccaneers (3-4) on Thursday Night Football.
The Ravens are coming off of a 23-20 win against the Browns, while the Bucs try to put their 21-3 loss to Carolina behind them.
The Ravens got RB Gus Edwards back from his ACL tear, and he looked good and healthy. He posted 66 rushing yards on 16 carries. It’s clear he’s the lead back until Dobbins is back. The Bucs struggled all around on Sunday, allowing Chuba Hubbard and D’Onta Foreman to combine for 181 rushing yards. On top of that, WR Mike Evans dropped an easy TD at the beginning of the game, that could’ve changed the whole outcome.
KEYS TO VICTORY:
1. Play better defense. It’s that simple. They have the personnel and have shown that they can be one of the league’s best defenses, but what they showed on Sunday won’t cut it.
2. Make Lamar win with his arm. Jackson’s first three games of the season were MVP caliber. The last four, he’s struggled through the air.
3. Stick with the run. Even if you’re struggling, stick with it. Brady has been throwing the ball 40-50 times a game.
1. Give Bateman more opportunities. As long as he’s healthy, WR Rashod Bateman should be getting more targets.
2. Blitz Brady. Although the Bucs have 2 great receivers in Evans and Godwin, the Ravens also have 2 great corners in Humphrey and Peters. Attack the Bucs’ banged up IOL and make Brady get the ball out quick.
3. Don’t let the Bucs hang around in the fourth quarter if you already have a comfortable lead. In all of the Ravens’ losses, they were up by at least 10 points at some point. Put the game away.
Tom Brady: 23/32, 212 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT
Leonard Fournette: 14 CAR, 59 YDS, 1 TD
Mike Evans: 3 REC, 52 YDS
Lamar Jackson: 17/28 180, 1 TD, 1 INT, 9 CAR, 69 YDS, 1 TD
Mark Andrews: 6 REC, 68 YDS, 1 TD
FINAL SCORE PREDICTION: