Last night, For the first time since October 2021, the Cardinals came out on top at home. They’d beat the Saints 42-34 to advance to 3-4, while also showing promise. The Saints had some positives, but overall, it’s not looking good. They currently sit at 2-5.
Kyler Murray: 20/29, 204 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT
Eno Benjamin: 12 CAR, 92 YDS, 1 TD
DeAndre Hopkins: 10 REC, 103 YDS
Andy Dalton: 30/47, 361 YDS, 4 TD, 3 INT
Alvin Kamara: 11 CAR, 49 YDS
Chris Olave: 7 REC, 106 YDS
1. The RB depth is good. Eno Benjamin and Keontay Ingram both impressed last night. When James Conner is back, they should still get these young guys some snaps.
2. DHop is back. In Hopkins first game of the season, returning from a six game suspension, he looked like the DHop we all know and love. He played 92% of the snaps and will continue to contribute to the team.
3. The defense has playmakers, but they need to show consistency. They have 5 interceptions this season, with all those 5 coming in just two games. The defense, outside of the DL, is full of young talent that is still developing.
1. They need to get healthy. They were down several starters including their top three corners and two of their three best receivers, as well as their quarterback.
2. Olave is that guy. Rookie WR Chris Olave continues to prove himself to be the team’s WR1 of the future.
3. It’s time for a rebuild. The Saints have made tons of moves to work around the cap and win now, but it hasn’t worked out.
My prediction for this game: Cardinals win 17-13.
Final score: Cardinals win 42-34.
Safe to say I was off.